Aftercare may conduct care in the school social hall, the aftercare modular behind the soccer field, or in room 102 depending on the number of participants and available locations. Students will be required to wear a mask/face covering unless they are outside participating in recreational activities.
SCBCS offers a rich educational and recreational based aftercare program to serve the student population for PreK – 8th grade.
The St. Charles Borromeo Aftercare program nurtures the potential of every child. Children are cultivating the values, skills, and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, and academic achievements. Students in the aftercare program will receive a small snack, followed by homework time and then supervised activities (structure sports, art education, STEM, Global Learning, etc.) through-out the day.
SCBCS also offers age specific aftercare for students in PreK 3 – 1st grade in room 102 and will utilize the social hall and modular building near the soccer field for grades 2 – 8. Locations may change based on participation. Parents will be notified of changes in location utilizing the CurbSmart mobile App. Families will receive their CurbSmart login once they register for Aftercare.
Aftercare fees are per child per week and are as follows:
After School 3PM – 6PM (2PM on Wednesdays), snack provided
The program fees are outlined in the table below.
There is an optional daily club rate for students participating in a school sponsored sport or club such as band. This rate is $10 per child for the time from afterschool until the club or sport practice begins. It does not cover after the sport or club releases.
There is also a one-time $15 registration fee for student insurance.
All billing will be through FACTS and will occur bi-weekly.
Late Fee: If parents are late picking up their child from aftercare (past 6:00pm), there is a charge of $1 per minute per child. This will be billed through FACTS as well.
Families that have a student in multiple spaces may go to the PreK3 – 1st grade (Room 102) program and request the older student(s) to be released or walked over. Alternatively, parents may wish to visit both programs to check out their students.
There is no aftercare offered on non-student attendance days.
Program Director: Alexis Culver
Aftercare Phone #: 407-293-6852
- All school rules apply.
- Behave respectfully and courteously toward all staff and students.
- No toys from home.
- Electronic devices (cell phone, etc.) are not permitted. Students should not have their cell phones out, if they need to contact their parents, they may request permission to use the school phone or their cell phone with permission. Student computers are also available for homework.
Illnesses & Accidents
All emergency information must be on file with the director through the Plus Portals System. First aid will be administered for minor accidents. Medication will not be given unless a written statement from the physician detailing the method, amount, and procedure for distribution is on file in the school clinic. For major accidents, 911 will be called.
Sign Out Procedures
- Parents, guardians or drivers authorized to do so on the Alternate Pick-up Authorization section of the Online Application Form must sign out the student(s) on the Aftercare attendance sheet.
- Individuals not listed on enrollment forms will not be allowed to pick up students without the written consent from parent or guardian.
- Registered families will also use CurbSmart to check their child out.
- Please register with a Cell number that accepts text messages.