About Us

Part of the Past… Part of the future

St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church and School have played an integral role in the history of Orlando for more than fifty years.

The Diocese of St. Augustine purchased sixty acres of land on Edgewater Drive in College Park, bordered by Little Lake Fairview and Dubsdread Golf Course, for the purpose of locating a parish, Central High School, and other needed facilities such as a junior high.

The parish was established on March 31, 1954 and named St. Charles Borromeo.

On January 24, 1955, St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School opened as a junior high school with an enrollment of sixty-five students in grades 7, 8, and 9. Parishioners worked hard to add additional classrooms and in September of that year the elementary school opened to accommodate 300 students. For more than forty years the Sisters of St. Joseph held the responsibility of guiding and developing the faith of the children. Eventually the Sisters of St. Joseph were called to other locations in greater need of their services and the responsibility of teaching and developing academics became the mission of the whole church community. Today we have over 300 students in grades PreK-3 through 8th grade.

Mission Statement

As a faith filled community, St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School is committed to proclaiming the Gospel Message of Jesus Christ. We are cultivating responsible, respectful, trustworthy individuals who are confident in their knowledge and compassionate in His service.

Cultivating Mind & Spirit

St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School Statement of Beliefs

  • Each student is a unique child of God.
  • A safe and comfortable environment promotes learning and success.
  • Catholic education is an integral part of the Church’s mission to proclaim the gospel message of Jesus Christ, to build faith communities, to celebrate through worship and to serve others without distinction.
  • Student learning is a priority in this school.
  • A healthy learning environment is everyone’s responsibility.
  • Mutual respect among and between the students and staff creates a wholesome learning environment.
  • A Catholic school reflects the integration of faith values with learning and life.
  • Students learn in a variety of ways.
  • The opportunity for success is an important component of student learning.
  • Parents are the primary educators of their children.

Nationally Recognized as a Blue Ribbon School

On October 2, 2007, St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School was named by the U.S. Department of Education as a 2007 Blue Ribbon School, one of only 287 in the nation to receive this honor. The U.S. Department of Education’s No Child Left Behind-Blue Ribbon Schools Program honors K-12 public and private schools that are academically superior or demonstrate dramatic gains in student achievement. St. Charles was the only school in Central Florida to receive the 2007 award recognizing their ranking in the top 10 percent of the nation.

St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School has a 50-year tradition of excellence in education. Its motto, “Cultivating Mind and Spirit,” comes directly from the teaching of St. Charles Borromeo. St. Charles school believes in teaching the whole child and wants students to love to learn and grow into well-rounded, contributing members of society.

A school-wide celebration to honor the students and faculty for this prestigious award was held on November 16, 2007. For more information on the “No Child Left Behind” Blue Ribbon School Program, please visit their website at: